There are often such cases when you need to switch to another domain. How to do it correctly and without mistakes? First of all, you need to know that such a transition can entail many problems, and your positions in search engines can drop significantly. And this is not a joke. And yet, you have to manage with minimal losses, and if you are lucky enough to do everything successfully, there may be no losses at all, although this is a rare case.
Here are step-by-step instructions on how to forward pages from one domain to another:
- Creating a site map on the old domain.
- Work on content for the new domain (because you will have to get all external links again).
- Registration and activation of a new domain.
- Google Webmaster Tools: Verifying Both Your Domains.
- Change page from 404 by mistake to a page with an offer to go to a new link (explaining the reason that your site has moved).
- Creating a redirect.
- Adding a sitemap to Google and Bing from your old domain (this will help index your pages better).
- Google Webmaster Tools: fill in the Change of Address field.
- Creating a sitemap on a new domain.
- 10. Checking the presence of the site in the search results (after some time).
But, despite this, you should not forget about your old domain, visit it and monitor it, because a redirect is installed on it, and its correct operation depends on whether visitors who came to your first domain will find you or not.