Web analytics is the measurement, collection, analysis, presentation and interpretation of information about website visitors in order to improve and optimize them.
On the basis of which data is determined web audience and studies the behavior of web visitors to make decisions about developing and enhancing the functionality of the Web resource.
Web analytics helps in many aspects of site development. Here are the main ones:
- Development of site functionality based on trends in visitor behavior.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of online advertising campaigns.
- Identification of problem areas in the structure, navigation and content of the site.
removal from Google filter
Statistics of visits to sections and web pages of the site allows you to understand:
- the number of web pages viewed
- keywords and phrases by which visitors find the site in search engines,
- geography of visitors,
- time spent on the web page by the visitor,
- transition between web pages
- site audience (casual, regular visitors, etc.)
- ease of site navigation for visitors, etc .;
- site traffic analysis: statistics, trends, absolute and relative indicators;
- usability analysis (analysis of click density, conversion paths of visitors to the site);
- analysis of visitor behavior on the page;
- benchmarking - comparison with general trends and competitors with the help of independent researchers.
You can collect statistics using:
- Meters are external programs. To obtain statistics, a small piece of code (usually 1-2 kilobytes) is installed on the website of the site. The point is that when you enter the site, the browser loads the image posted on the site of information collection. Meter load data is entered into a database, which can be hosted on the server of the provider of collection and processing of statistics, and then viewed, for example, on its website.
- With the help of log analyzers.